Error: Can't open log file

Mar 29, 2016 at 5:22 PM
Hello,
using Squid and Sarg on Windows (SQUID 3.5.15) - so far so good (Windows Home Server 2011)
Unfortunately sarg is not able to use graph on windows, so that I was looking for a new report tool - now I have found webalizer.

Unfortunately webalizer (latest 32-bit version) does not read my access.log and I do get every time an error message: "Error: Can't open log file"

My webalizer.conf looks like:
LogFile d:/squid/var/logs/access.log
LogType squid
OutputDir d:/squid/webalizer

When strarting webalizer I do get:
Processed configuration file C:\Squid\webalizer/webalizer.conf
Using database d:/squid/webalizer/webalizer.db
Creating output in d:/squid/webalizer
Hostname for reports is 'NAS'
Error: Can't open log file

Yes, the log is in d:/squid/var/logs/access.log and SARG is able to read it.

Any hint is welcome.

regards
mc
Coordinator
Apr 9, 2016 at 5:46 PM
I will try it out tonight. As a general rule, it's better to use backslash characters on Windows. lastly, it's easier to set up LogDir in the configuration file and then supply the log file name you want to process relative to LogDir.
Coordinator
Apr 10, 2016 at 5:08 AM
There was a bug, probably for some time now because LogFile is rarely used to supply file names for processing - it's not very practical to have to edit the configuration file every time the name of the file changes. I fixed the bug in the latest code base, but it's not released yet. Your best course of action is to supply the log file name on the command line. You can use LogDir in the configuration file to point to the directory where you keep your log files, so then you only have to supply the file name on the command line.
Coordinator
Apr 10, 2016 at 6:10 PM
I updated the release to 4.0.5, which has this issue fixed.